1) INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
• Intensify regular maintenance works for provincial roads and bridges to improve integration between the production areas and market centers, and between market centers within and outside the province and with neighboring provinces, paving the way for increased trading, resulting to improved income to farmers and small producers.
• Improve quality of the provincial road networks integrating the various LGUs thru paving/concreting/asphalting
• Invite investors to invest sea wharfs / ports to enhance delivery of goods and services through sea;
• Lobby for the upgrading and modernization of Dipolog City Airport to accommodate more flights;
• Power/energy resources development.
• Provide power facilities to powerless rural communities;
• Develop renewable energy sources like hydro and solar power plants and invite private investors to participate in the power generation projects in the province;
• Provide for safe water supply/facilities in waterless barangays and improve access to potable water supply, and increase household connections with potable water;
• Explore and develop water supply source projects province-wide;
• Flood control and drainage facilities
• Construction, rehabilitation, improvement, and repair of river controls, box culverts, shore and slope protection, and drainage projects;
• Regular maintenance or dredging of drainage canals and rivers to prevent flooding;
2) HEALTH/NUTRITION/SOCIAL WELFARE DEVELOPMENT
• Strengthen implementation of public health, social welfare and nutrition services thru regular supervision, monitoring and evaluation down to the barangay level;
• Improve access to health services in far flung LGUs and barangays, thru the full operation of Sergio Osmena and Sibuco Municipal Hospitals, and re-opening of Siocon District Hospital and the construction/improvement of health facilities in component LGUs;
• Establish local Blood Bank Stations in all provincial government hospitals and strengthen the promotion of Blood Services/Programs province-wide;
• Encourage every Local Government Units [LGUs] to establish and maintain birthing clinics to decrease/minimize neonatal death rates;
• Frequent conduct of outreach missions on health, social welfare, and nutrition by the provincial health, social welfare, and nutrition workers;
• Strengthen operation of inter-local health zones thru partnership among LGUs, Provincial Government and DOH for efficient, timely, and responsive referral from RHUs to Provincial Hospitals;
• Expand the coverage of the National Health Insurance Program (NHIT) with the support of the national government, and to ensure sufficient supply of drugs and medicines to provincial health facilities and hospitals to support the observance of the “no balance billing policy” of the Philhealth sa Masa Program;
3) ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT, PROTECTION/ REHABILITATION AND JUDICIOUS USE
• Intensify information and dissemination on the protection of the environment, and other environmental issues with emphasis on climate change;
• Enforcement of laws/rules and regulations to preserve, protect, rehabilitate/reforest, and for the judicious utilization of the province’s natural resources – calls for the formulation of watershed management plan, and waste management plan at the provincial and local levels;
• Advocate to LGUs for the meaningful inclusion/mainstreaming of disaster risk reduction and management/climate change mitigation in their respective Comprehensive Land Use Plans (CLUPs);
• Involvement of various stakeholders in the development and protection of the environment such as the NGOs, religious sectors and LGUs;
• Identify and declare protected areas and critical habitats of Philippine Eagle, Tarsiers and other endangered species;
4) GOOD GOVERNANCE
• Strengthen government processes that reinforce/ensure transparency and accountability.
• Implementation of provincial government’s computerization program to foster efficient delivery of public services;
• Strengthen partnership and collaboration between the Executive and Legislative Branches of the provincial government thru the mutually approved Executive and Legislative Agenda [ELA] for the period 2013-2016, and constant meaningful consultation and coordination;
• Strengthen coordination with the national offices, LGUs and private sector (NGOs/CSOs/POs) in the identification, funding, implementation, and monitoring of programs and projects in the province;
• Establish an efficient feed backing mechanism between and among stakeholders of development for transparency and accountability purposes;
• Incorporating of programs, projects and activities with consideration for the Indigenous People and Muslim communities;
• Adoption of strategies in good governance and the rule of law
-strengthen the citizens’ right to accurate and timely information in easily understandable forms and media;
-improve and fortify economic and financial accountability for increased government credibility, sustain long-term partnership with and confidence of the business sector and people;
-fortify financial accountability with strong accounting systems for expenditure control, internal and external audits;
-transparent government transactions/processes;
-strengthen stakeholders’ participation in development processes (participation of CSOs/NGOs/POs; local special bodies, local development councils;
-establishment of an efficient feed backing mechanisms;
-promote importance of predictability, and the rule of law;
a) consistent government policies to create a conducive climate for investment
b) promote respect for human rights c) fair legal frameworks to ensure impartiality d) protection of the minorities
5) AGRICULTURE/FISHERY/LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT
• Provide enabling environment and promote comprehensive and sustainable agricultural development program through the implementation of integrated farming systems along with fishery and livestock production/raising, for optimal yet responsible utilization of farm lands, providing increase in income to farming families;
• Develop initiatives to sustain availability of the services of paraagricultural/fishery/livestock technicians in the fields/barangays for technical assistance/technology transfer towards improved value chain of products to increase production efficiency and to ensure food security;
• Establish support for province’s products by assisting/establishing sustainable market niches and farmers’ credit access;
• Increase the agricultural sector’s resilience to climate change risks;
• Support and encourage the adoption of community-based organic farming as provided under Republic Act (RA) 10068 or the crafting of policies, promotion and education campaign through on or off-farm activities and establishment of support facilities.
6) SOUND FISCAL MANAGEMENT
• Harmonize local plans with budgets as prescribed in RA 7196 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991 and as provided in DBM-NEDA-DILG-DOF JMC No. 1, series of 2007, dated March 8, 2007, to set common direction in the achievement of local endeavors with the national development;
• Ensure that local budget is policy-driven and performance based. It will be able to show financing the budget and rationalize criteria for allocating available resources.
• Value for Money-Disbursement of public funds shall be responsive to expected outcome of a program or project implemented, shall adopt measures that promote efficiencies, effectiveness, and economy, and in conformity with government accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
• To adopt alternative funding strategies to include the following scheme:
Cost of recovery and recovery enhancement by prudent and judicious spending costs recovery and entrepreneurship;
Counter-parting scheme and continued linkage/tie-up with the national and local governments, private entities and fund donors; • Strict enforcement of provincial ordinances re: legislated fees, rates and/or charges to services and goods/products extended / provided by provincial government facilities ;
To enhance tax collections, update the existing revenue ordinance, ensure timely general revision of real properties in accordance with the provisions of RA 7160 and those potential income generating facilities shall be clothe with appropriate Tax ordinance; • Increase availment of ODA, and loan borrowings for development projects with greater multiplier effects on the local economy
8) PEACE, SECURITY and PUBLIC SAFETY
• Strengthen collaborative efforts with the Philippine National Police [PNP], Armed Forces of the Philippines, the LGUs and communities for a peaceful and secured Province of Zamboanga del Norte, within the bounds of law.
• Provide social and economic development opportunities to constituents to achieve sustainable peace;
• Procurement of rescue equipment for quick response, and establishment of early warning devices for an effective disaster response system; and improvement/construction of evacuation/multi-purpose centers;
9) TOURISM and CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT
• Strengthen the implementation of tourism-related programs/projects/activities with a more meaningful private sector and LGUs’ participation, in terms of management and funding, in consonance with the Master Tourism Plan of the province.
• Meaningful integration and promotion of the province’s culture and arts characterized by intertwined Christian, Muslim and Subanen, and other Lumad groups’ beliefs and traditions.
• Development and promotion of identified and potential agri/eco-tourism sites;
• Participation to local and national trade fairs, investment to promotions and production of advertising collaterals thru tri-media to showcase the Province of Zamboanga del Norte;
• Support the capacity building/training initiatives and product development in identified/potential tourism sites for community livelihood opportunities;