1. ABUNDANCE IN NATURAL RESOURCES
- Fertile soil suitable to grains, vegetables and fruits, and commercial crops production;
- Presence of nine (9) rich fishing grounds along its 400 kms. coastline that borders the Sulu Sea, known for its bio-diverse marine systems;
- Presence of mineral resources of considerable volume and commercial quality;
- Home to Siocon Watershed Forest Reserve with a total area of 793.741 hectares, and five (5) protected landscapes and seascapes, with a combined land area of 3,486 hectares (Aliguay Protected Landscape and Seascape, Jose Rizal Protected Landscape, Selinog Protected Landscape and Seascape, and Murcielagos Island Protected Landscape and Seascape), and pristine rainforest in Baliguian town that is home to endangered species like the Philippine Eagle, and tarsiers;
- Endowed with ecotourism destinations, e.g. cultural heritage sites, pristine island beach resorts suitable for diving and snorkeling, mountain / highland resorts apt for trekking and adventure sports and
- Presents opportunities for investment in renewable energy sources, like biomass and hydro.
2. AVAILABILITY OF A READY WORKFORCE
- Skilled workers, a non-agricultural based labor force; for SY 2013, an estimated combined total of 65,784 college graduates from leading private colleges, and one (1) state university in the province;
- Trainable unskilled human resource;
- Almost everyone can speak and understand English that makes the province a potential place to consider for international businesses and
- Peaceful co-existence of tri-people (Christians, Subanen and Muslims) amongst diverse cultures, beliefs and traditions.
3. CONNECTIVITY WITHIN AND INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITIES
- Connected by air, sea and land to most major cities in the country facilitating the free transport / movement of people, goods and services, bringing about increased / expanded trade, tourism development and investment, and agro-industry production, processing and investment;
- Gateway for the Zamboanga Peninsula Region, as well as for Mindanao, due to Pulauan Port in Dapitan Ciy that is linked to the Strong Republic Nautical Highway, in the Western Seaboard Lane of the Philippine archipelago;
- Presence of all forms of telecommunication facilities that link the province with the business communities here and abroad, e.g. Globe, Smart, PLDT;
- Presence of local and international express delivery services, e.g., LBC Express, Aboitiz Air Forwarder, FedEx, etc. and
- Presence of leading government and private banking institutions, e.g. LBP, DBP, PNB, Metrobank, BPI, BDO, China Bank, RCBC, East West Bank, and Asia United Bank, etc.
4. HAS ONE OF THE BEST PEACE AND ORDER PROFILES IN MINDANAO, AND THE COUNTRY FOR THAT MATTER